Monday, October 28, 2013

Vintage Thank You


I was asked to create a large Thank You that was "delicate and beautiful", and I hope this is achieved with this lovely card.  


This stamp set - Million and One is absolutely beautiful and one of my favourites- so it was perfect for my card!  I framed the greeting with a labels framelit, and then an oval framelit out of the Raspberry Ripple.  This was then mounted onto a panel embossed with the Pretty Print embossing folder.

The other stamp set used on the card front, the inside, and also on the envelope is Everything Eleanor - and I find myself reaching regularly for this stamp set when I want an elegant look.   The swirl and the floral motifs are really lovely.  After I stamped the flowers in the Raspberry Ripple, I then used an aqua painter to gently bleed the ink to 'colour in' the flowers - this gives them a lovely look of depth and is really quick and simple.


My other embellishments include using a paper doily, some silver ribbon, a vintage faceted button, and some striped smoky slate ribbon.


All of the supplies for this card are able to be purchased easily online if you click the shop now button on the sidebar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

A scrapbooking Challenge!! Notes of Nature watercoloured

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn. Today I'm sharing a scrapbook page with you featuring elements to fulfil a challenge!!  Th...

Favourites