Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Rustic Vintage Colour INKspiration #33


Hello and Welcome to our Colour INKspiration Challenge Number 33.
Image may contain: flower, drink and plant

Our colours this time are:  Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke and Sahara Sand.  They spoke to me of vintage - along with this gorgeous image..... and so my head went to the Faux Patina technique.


You can find heaps of awesome tutorials explaining this fun technique.  The basics include using an embossing folder and lots of sponging with some random heat embossing over the top.


I've used the Garden Trellis EF on Sahara Sand card stock, and then sponged with the Always Artichoke, Marina Mist and some touched of Night of Navy.  Then I've used some copper embossing powder to give the final touch.  


In a nod to the super gorgeous flowers in the image, I've used my Daisy Punch and Daisy Delight stamp set to create a bunch of flowers for my page.  I've stamped using Sahara Sand onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  They've also been sponged a little to give a rustic vintage look.  


My background stamping comes from Awesomely Artistic which is retiring at the end of this month - what a super awesome stamp set!!


The great greeting comes from the hostess stamp set Dare To Dream - what a great set for scrapbooking pages!!  


When I'd finished my page, I had some left over pieces of my Faux Patina, and so I created a couple of quick cards featuring the lovely Jar of Love stamp set and the Everyday Jars framelits.


Hopefully you can tell, this card is very much inspired by the challenge picture!!


Have you seen all the other amazing projects from the design team?  Make sure you keep hopping - it's just wonderful all the awesomeness that comes from this great group!!




Please add your projects to our facebook page lineup - we love having you join in the fun!

Until Next Time,
Happy Stamping,
Love Julia   x








6 comments:

  1. Oh I'd forgotten about that technique and how effective it is. Love how much texture it gives your page and it makes such a great base too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your faux patina, Julia. You're layout and cards are so lovely using the Challenge colours. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous projects Julia, your layout is stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Thank you for leaving a comment. I love and appreciate your feedback.

A scrapbooking Challenge!! Notes of Nature watercoloured

Hello and Welcome to Handmade by Julia Quinn. Today I'm sharing a scrapbook page with you featuring elements to fulfil a challenge!!  Th...

Favourites